RSVP & Tickets
Scholar Athletes: How do I RSVP/download my complimentary ticket?
- If you need help downloading your Scholar Athlete ticket (which serves as your RSVP), you can download our step-by-step guide here.
Who is permitted to attend the event?
- Everyone! Parents, grandparents, siblings, coaches, school administrators — anyone who wants to join the celebration as we recognize the achievements of each Scholar Athlete scholarship finalist.
Do children need to have a ticket?
- Yes, everyone in attendance needs to have a ticket, including children.
What is included with my ticket?
- Each ticket includes access to the Scholar Athlete Awards ceremony, an elegant three-course dinner, special guest speakers' presentations, and announcement of the scholarship winners. PARKING IS NOT INCLUDED with your admission ticket.
When is the deadline to RSVP and/or purchase event tickets?
- Monday, May 21, at 11:59 P.M. is the deadline to RSVP and purchase tickets.
What ticket options are available to families with financial hardship?
- While we are not able to cover the cost for every Scholar Athlete to bring a guest, we are aware that some families may not be able to afford a ticket for a parent to attend the event and celebrate with their Scholar Athlete. Courtesy of Battelle, we have a limited number of discounted tickets available to Scholar Athlete parents. If you'd like to inquire about eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the refund policy?
- There are no refunds for the Scholar Athlete Awards.
At the Event
Where should I park?
- The Scholar Athlete Awards will take place in Battelle Grand, located inside the South Building of the Greater Columbus Convention Center. We recommend parking in the South Garage, the East Lot, or the new garage on Goodale Street since these are closest to the event. You can find more information on the Greater Columbus Convention Center parking areas here.
Is parking free?
- Parking is not included with general event tickets. Each Scholar Athlete will be provided one (1) parking voucher when they register at the event, courtesy of Motorists Insurance Group. This parking voucher will be valid for the Greater Columbus Convention Center parking areas only. You can find more information on the Greater Columbus Convention Center parking areas here.
What time do doors open?
- Doors to Battelle Grand will open at 5:45 P.M. Registration opens at 5:30 P.M.
What time does the ceremony begin?
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 6:30 P.M. Please plan to arrive early to give yourself ample time for parking and being seated at the event.
What is the dress code?
- Attire to the event is “business casual,” or what you might wear to a graduation ceremony.
is there a vegetarian option for the dinner?
- Yes, a vegetarian option will be available. After selecting the number of tickets you would like for the event, you will be prompted with a question asking how many people in your party would like to be served a vegetarian meal. At the event, you will receive a vegetarian meal card to display at your table.
What if I (or A member of my party) has a food allergy?
- If there is a special dietary need, please email email@example.com.
How do I make sure my group gets a table together?
- Groups that wish to sit together must all be present before entering Battelle Grand. Once you enter, ushers will escort your group to your table. Given the large turnout that we expect, we cannot make exceptions to this seating policy. Seating will be first come, first served.
Scholar Athletes: My name was misspelled in my congratulatory letter I received in the mail. Who do I contact about correcting the spelling for the event program?
- If your name is misspelled in your letter, please email info@dispatchevents as soon as possible. How your name appears in the letter will match how it will appear in the event program, commemorative guide, and during the awards presentation. It is important to let us know as soon as possible, no later than May 21, so we can make the change before we produce and print these items.
When will the commemorative guide be published in The Columbus Dispatch?
- The Commemorative Guide will be published in The Dispatch on Saturday, June 23.